Collection of Personal Data
Personal information (Personal Data) is any information about you where your identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information.
The type of personal information we may collect includes your name, address, email address, telephone, mobile phone number, facsimile number, company/employer’s name, your business name, your position, business type and structure, ABN, trading history, commercial trade references and eligible sales/purchase transactions.
The amount of personal information we collect about you depends on how you interact with us. We will collect personal information from you if you:
- open an account with us
- complete a credit application or enter into an agreement/contract
- order a product
- make payment for a product
- provide director’s personal guarantee
- sign as a witness to verify director/representative’s signature
- apply to become a user of certain sections on our website
- use our apps
- contact us through our website using an on-line form
- subscribe to one of our newsletters
- make a product complaint or warranty enquiry/claim
- correspond with us, including by email or letter
- call our Customer Service line
- enter a promotion or competition
- enter a survey
- apply for a job
BKB knows that you care how your personal information is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
You do not have to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with our full range of support and services. You can generally visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing other personal information.
We may also collect information about you from other parties such as:
- trade referees nominated by you or credit reporting agencies – for the purpose of ascertaining your creditworthiness where you have consented to this;
- our authorised dealers and service partners/service providers – to ensure that warranty claims and service requests have been managed appropriately;
- recruiting agencies – to access your suitability for the advertised vacancy.
Credit reporting information
BKB collects financial and trading information in order to establish and manage business and customer relationships. This information is securely held for internal accounting and administration purposes associated with the provision of products and services (including the provision of commercial credit and managing of credit limits) to customers and in order to enhance our business relationship and level of service.
Collection of commercial credit information is undertaken only with consent. To complete a credit application to open an account or establish commercial credit we may ask you to provide information including your: ABN, business name, position, business type and structure, trading history and commercial trade references.
BKB may receive commercial credit information about you from a credit reporting body (such as Equifax), or trade referees nominated by you. Commercial credit information will only be used to assess your credit worthiness. It will not be used for the purposes of pre-screening or direct marketing by a credit provider.
Use of Personal Data
Personal Data and other information is used by BKB for the following purposes:
- deliver our products and services to you (including applications for credit);
- manage warranty claims;
- provide after sales service and repair;
- provide customer service assistance;
- improve our service;
- send you relevant commercial (such as price updates) and marketing material;
- promote new products and services;
- respond to your questions or requests for information;
- assist us forecast the future demand for our products and services;
- analyse our website usage and enhance the content of our website;
- keep a record of our dealings with each other;
- asses your suitability for the advertised vacancy; and
- comply with legal obligations.
BKB reserves the right to contact you with special offers via any medium including email, mail and commercial electronic messages.
Transfer and disclosure of Personal Data
We transfer personal information to countries outside Australia in compliance with all applicable Australian data protection and privacy laws and if we reasonably believe that the information will remain subject to principles for fair handling of the information which are substantially similar to the applicable Australian privacy laws.
Your Personal Data and other information collected by BKB is not intended for disclosure to third parties unless:
- you have given us your consent to do so;
- it is necessary for us to do so to fulfil the primary purpose(s) for which we collected your Personal Data;
- it is for a related purpose which you would reasonably expect us to do; or
- we are required to do so by law.
The third parties we will typically share your personal information with include companies in BKB corporate group, authorised dealers, suppliers and service providers, which we use to conduct our business, functions and activities. These organisations may be involved or conduct:
- mailing, shipping or courier operations;
- information technology services;
- legal, auditing, accountancy or other professional services;
- credit reporting services;
- promotions and competitions;
- supply, repair, installation or maintenance services;
- insurance services;
- market research;
- billing and debt collecting functions;
- website usage analysis.
Your personal information and data files can be stored and processed in any country where BKB or Grundfos has facilities or in which BKB or Grundfos engages service providers. By disclosing information to BKB you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside Australia, which may have different data protection rules.
We may hold your personal information in paper or other physical form, but it is usually held in electronic form on our systems. To ensure your personal information is secure, we use industry standard security and encryption to protect the personal information we hold on you.
Only authorised employees are granted access to your personal information. We train the employees who handle your personal information to ensure that your personal information is handled appropriately. Authorised BKB employees will store, handle and monitor your Personal Data in accordance to legal requirements and with the same security level as applicable to our own protected data. We will use BKB overall risk management and privacy protection practices, procedures and systems in order to assess security risk and protect your Personal Data from interference, misuse and/or loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Nonetheless, you should be aware that even if a provider uses all standard security measures, the security of your Personal Data and other information collected during the Promotion cannot be guaranteed comprehensively. BKB will endeavour to promptly detect any potential or actual privacy breach and respond to the issues in a timely and appropriate manner. Where required by applicable legislation, affected individuals and relevant authorities will be as soon as possible and, but in any case, not later that within 30 calendar days, notified once BKB become aware of any unauthorized access to or illegitimate disclosure of Personal Data.
Accessing, correcting and complaining about your Personal Data
For security reasons, if you would like to do so, you will be required to put your request in writing and send it to the BKB contact postal or email address provided below.
We will respond to your request within 30 calendar days after we receive it in writing. If you do not receive a response within 30 days, or you are dissatisfied with the response, you have a right to take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner in accordance to the procedure available at:
|Phone:||1300 337 733|
|Post:||BKB Building Solutions Pty Ltd
109-111 Wedgewood Road Hallam VIC 3803
|Phone:||1300 252 227|
|Fax:||+61 3 8786 0441|